httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <>
Subject Re: apache-nspr-08
Date Thu, 25 Jun 1998 01:49:49 GMT
>Lemme get this straight... I start playing in apache-sandbox.  Then months
>later we say "duh, this is far enough along we should move it to
>apache-2.0". So um, how does Roy's suggestion avoid a name change/reorg?

I think they are thinking of keeping the Attics relatively clean
(personally, I just go in and delete the old ,v files after a reorg).

Putting the nspr stuff in apache-2.0 is fine with me, but I was thinking
of other projects as well.  A sandbox that was set to not send mail to
apache-cvs on every change would just make it easier for us to exchange
interesting things without having to think about release numbers.
If it turned out to be a release thing, we'd just move the ,v files directly
into the appropriate repository and keep going.

Normally I'd just create separate repositories for these things, but
it's a pain in the ass to do that on hyperreal for security reasons.
Also, I'd like to make it available to people who don't want to deal
with the cvs admin hassles.

It's just an idea I've had in the back of my mind for a couple years
(ever since rsthreads went south).  It just resurfaced because I was
disapointed in not seeing the apache-nspr done that way from the
first version, since I would have liked to see the progression of
hells you went through to make it work. ;-)

View raw message