httpd-dev mailing list archives

From W G Stoddard <wgsto...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Question about ScriptLog and CGI output to stderr...
Date Mon, 29 Jun 1998 20:05:32 GMT
I've been looking at PRs 2408 and 2429 and have a few questions about CGI error
logging and the ScriptLog directive.

Information (written to stdout or stderr) is recorded in the ScriptLog only
when the script exists with error status, otherwise this information is
discarded...  True?  Should this same information also be written to the
errorlog file?  What should happen to information written to stderr when
ScriptLog is not defined?  Is it acceptable to allow unformatted CGI error data
to be written to the Apache error log?

Just want to make sure I understand how this should work before jumping into
the PRs.

Thanks,
Bill Stoddard
wgstodda@us.ibm.com