httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Moenich <moen...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: News: IBM to Adopt Apache as Preferred E-commerce Web S
Date Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:57:48 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: new-httpd@apache.org <new-httpd@apache.org>
Date: Thursday, June 18, 1998 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: News: IBM to Adopt Apache as Preferred E-commerce Web Server

>On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>
>> Although I'm not sure people will understand my renting an apartment/owning
>> a house analogy.  Or if I even do!
>
>Yeah I was thinking "uh brian, you've gone overboard on that one" ;)

I've gone from renting a room to owning a house recently and I understand the
anology. The trouble is, I'm feeling like it might be better to still be renting
the
room, since I can just call the landlord and get HIM to fix the toilet tank leak
and clean up the resultant mess. So it might not have made the intended point.
:-)

>Dean

DDA

Personally I think a new townhouse is the way to go, you still have to fix your
toilet put you get the whole neighborhood to help you fix other things.

Joe Moenich
moenich@us.ibm.com
303 773-5483
tie-line 656-7487