httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_autoindex.c
Date Sat, 20 Jun 1998 19:53:35 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > Surely we have a better way to do this than adding an ifdef and
> > doing a case insensitive compare on win32 only.
> >
> > Don't we have canonicalization routines that can be used for this?
>
> Possibly; I didn't think to check the <Files> stuff.  The thing here
> is the pattern issue.  As far as that goes, I'm not entirely
> certain that the <Files> stuff will correctly interpret A.html
> and a.html as being identical on Win32 (which they are).  Hmm.
> I'll look into this a bit more.

People are supposed to write the config file for the canonical form of
the name. So, we don't have to cater for them doing funny stuff in the
config file, we only have to cater for funny filenames.

Hence, using the canonical filename should cure the problem. I'd guess.

Cheers,

Ben.

WE'RE RECRUITING! http://www.aldigital.co.uk/recruit/