httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_autoindex.c
Date Sat, 20 Jun 1998 03:32:29 GMT
Brian Havard wrote:

> OS/2 is also case insensitive (generally, it's actually a property of
> the file system not the OS). Perhaps we need a #define that indicates
> case insensitivity ...

Well, as far as it being associated with the FS..  if we could
reliably tell the FS, we wouldn't have all these problems with
NFS.  So I guess we get to stick with labeling it at the OS
level.

So, on OS/2, you can have only one "readme.html" file in a
directory, regardless of case?  Then could you test with 1.3.0
what happens if the file's case doesn't exactly match that
in the IndexIgnore directive?  I'm guessing that non-matches
will get listed, and only exact matches will be concealed.

So conf.h can have a line such as this added to the WIN32 and
OS2 sections:

#define CASE_BLIND_FILESYSTEM

if this is the case.

#ken	P-)}