httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Christof Damian <dam...@mediaconsult.com>
Subject Re: News: IBM to Adopt Apache as Preferred E-commerce Web Server
Date Thu, 18 Jun 1998 19:49:01 GMT
David D'Antonio wrote:

> I've gone from renting a room to owning a house recently and I understand the
> anology. The trouble is, I'm feeling like it might be better to still be renting
> the
> room, since I can just call the landlord and get HIM to fix the toilet tank leak
> and clean up the resultant mess. So it might not have made the intended point.
> :-)

In the UK its more like you tell the landlord and he might send someone
around one day who fixes it temporarly.

Its like closed-source software, you think you can call support, but in
fact it doesn't help ("yes, we know the problem, try SP3 - if it does
not work wait for 5.0").

With open-source software (and your own place) if something goes wrong
it is at least your fault.

damian
--
Christof Damian