httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <redd...@ibm.net>
Subject Re: 1.3.1-dev and next feature cycle?
Date Thu, 04 Jun 1998 16:41:13 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> >
> > When we expect 1.3.1 in one or two weeks we should keep the features under the
> > box and keep the feature freeze state and start with them in 1.3.2-dev. If we
> > think 1.3.0 is really great and 1.3.1 needs at least four or more weeks I vote
> > for accepting little feature additions now.
> >
> > Actually I vote for the following: Push out 1.3.0 now and 1.3.1 one or two
> > weeks after it with just bugfixes. Then concentrate on making the 1.3.x branch
> > not unstable again while pushing in useful new features and enhancements.
> >

> I would expect that a good compromise would be a feature freeze
> but with some lattitude that if there is a VERY VERY nice feature
> that someone would like added, that it's presented and voted
> upon. This would prevent a "free-for-all" yet still allow worthwhile
> additions to the code (in addition to bugfixes of course)

Good compromise. Leave the door open just a crack!

I have a Win NT patch to ap_call_exec that will query the NT registry to find CGI
script interpreter paths based on the script's file extension. This would allow
Unix scripts to be run on NT without changing the #! line and would save us from
doing the 'peek-in-the-script' trick to find the interpreter path. I can have it
ready and tested by next week. Interested or should I save it for 1.3.2?

Bill Stoddard
wgstodda@us.ibm.com