httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: possible bug, and wrong binary dist uploaded (linux/alpha)
Date Sat, 06 Jun 1998 03:34:42 GMT
At 04:12 AM 6/6/98 +0200, Alvaro Martinez Echevarria wrote:
>Great.
>Right after I uploaded a binary distribution (alpha-whatever-linux2)
>of the new baby to ftp.apache.org/pub/incoming, as generated by
>Ralph's binbuild.sh, I thought "errr, have I tested it before?".
>Well, actually I had not, and now when I've tried to run it I've
>found out there's probably something wrong woth mod_unique_id:
>
>[Sat Jun  6 03:50:14 1998] [alert] mod_unique_id: sorry the size
>assumptions are wrong in mod_unique_id.c, please remove it from
>your server or fix the code!
>
>So the server does not start as compiled and configured. I can
>think of two solutions:
>
>a) You delete the binary distribution I've uploaded (I can't do
>   it myself); I go sleep.
>b) You delete the binary; I upload a new one excluding
>   mod_unique_id from it (that way it seems to work).

I'll delete the distribution you uploaded... feel free to upload it again.
Also, any help you could provide in fixing this would be appreciated.

>Any suggestions? By the way, does gzip compress more here in
>Spain, or the other binary dists have been generated in a
>different way? Just look at the sizes:

No, I think it's more that different OS's and different compilers build
differently.  The larger ones might be built with -g as well, e.g. with
debugging symbols in, which could also increase size.  Finally, the rest of
the distribution should still be in the binary package, including the
source files and documentation and all that.

>Also, I have discovered a tiny little bug in src/support/logresolve.c
>(just a missing trailing "\n" in the help message). I've attached
>a patch for it.

Cool, thanks!  I've committed that change.

	Brian

pure chewing satisfaction                                  brian@apache.org
                                                        brian@hyperreal.org