httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Chroot hack for Apache 1.3.0 (fwd)
Date Mon, 29 Jun 1998 12:57:28 GMT

In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.980616161801.9087B-101000@taz.hyperreal.org> you wrote:

> I'd be up for putting this into /dist/contrib/ - what do others think?  My
> intuition tells me this could be better implemented as an option to
> suexec... thoughts?
>[...]

Yes, he mainly duplicated the suexec stuff. Although the ChrootDir directive
sounds reasonable, I also think the better approach would be to add this
little functionality to suexec.c. Especially because else you cannot use the
suEXEC mechanism together with the Chroot mechanism. And usually people using
a Chroot mechanism really want to use a suEXEC mechanism, I think.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com