httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Sun, 28 Jun 1998 15:53:13 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96dg4.980619111249.21440H-100000@twinlark.arctic.org> you wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>> I've tried, it: no difference in result. Sorry. Hmmm... I'm really out of
>> clues what we can do to find the real reason. Shit.

> Can you give me a small example so that I can debug it?  And please don't
> say "install mod_perl".  Give me an example with one of the standard
> modules.  It looks to be a simple error in the http_config routines that
> will be obvious when someone applies a debugger to it.

Ops, sorry, Dean. I've missed this message. But I cannot give you an example
not related to mod_perl :-( But with mod_perl you can try it the following way
to reproduce the problem:

 $ cvs co modperl
 $ cvs co apache-1.3
 $ cd modperl
 $ perl Makefile.PL \
        APACHE_PREFIX=/tmp/modperl-apache \
        APACHE_SRC=../apache-1.3/src \
        DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 \
        EVERYTHING=1 USE_DSO=1
 $ make
 $ make install

Then insert into /tmp/modperl-apache/etc/httpd.conf:

  <Location /perl-status>
  SetHandler  perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::Status
  </Location>

Then request http://localhost/perl-status.  When you leave out the USE_DSO=1
all goes fine, i.e. when mod_perl is compiled statically into httpd all is
fine. But when it is built as a DSO it fails because the "perl-script" handler
is not found. Crazy.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com