httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Jacobowitz <d...@false.org>
Subject -X oddity
Date Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:11:24 GMT
I eventually managed to track the cause of the follwing, and became
much less panicked, but I really don't think this should happen:

I was debugging some mod_perl things, and because of a few weakness
with reloading changed code, I ran the server -X so I could more quickly
kill/restart it.  After thirty requests, it died.  For some reason, if
perl had been used at all in the session it exited with 'Aborted'
instead of silently - no idea why on that one.  But the cause was
MaxRequestsPerChild.  This is just enough to load two pages or so if
they are heavy on images, leaving -X a little bit useless.  Shouldn't
this be ignored in single-server mode?

Dan