httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jens-Uwe Mager <...@helios.de>
Subject Re: Problem: buggy regex, WANTHSREGEX no chance
Date Wed, 10 Jun 1998 23:32:40 GMT
On Wed, Jun 10, 1998 at 04:19:12PM -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Right, doesn't that mean that we've just omitted the right symbol
> information for the regex stuff?

This is what I thought at first as well. I did add the regexec et al.
symbols to the httpd.exp file to export these from the core httpd (the
core was linked against HSREGEX). Unfortunately the dynamic linker then
has two versions of the same symbol to choose from, and in my case (as
per Murphy) it did choose the regexec from libc while running the
mod_rewrite module.

This is why I came up with the idea of an ap_regex*() api, this way any
module will use whatever the core is linked against, even a replacement
version as in the case of the broken one in the AIX libc.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3