httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Life is hard, and then you die." <ron...@innovation.ch>
Subject Re: Grr... Cookie paranoia sucks!
Date Tue, 09 Jun 1998 16:07:08 GMT

Ben Laurie wrote:

> FYI there's some activity in the HTTP WG on the subject of cookies and
> privacy. Dunno where its at, but may be worth a look?

The cookie discussions are on a mailling list of their own:
of things is that the latest draft (draft-ietf-http-state-man-mec-08)
has been submitted as a Proposed Standard. The only client
implementation I'm aware of is my own, but at least Lynx and libwww
have implementations of earlier drafts (libwww may have been updated in
the mean time, dunno).

RFC-2109 and the latest incarnation of it have some requirements about
"unverifiable transactions", which are an attempt to limit the kind of
stuff that folks like Doubleclick are doing, and which has been the
cause of most of the cookie debate.

  Cheers,

  Ronald