httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: binary distributions: suexec.c should be included
Date Tue, 09 Jun 1998 10:06:52 GMT

In article <19980609094936.32890@deejai.mch.sni.de> you wrote:

> IMO the binary distribution should include the source to suexec.{c,h} --
> it doesn't contain the binary (but includes the necessary header files)
> and should allow the user to create it if she wishes so.

You write about my posted binbuild.sh, right? Because for the old binbuild.sh
from apache-devsite the source is there. I'll update and enhance this new
version, but only if there is some voting if we really keep the old
source+renamed-httpd approach or a similar one to my really-binary-only
approach. I don't want to spent more time on this issue if there is no
concensus about which approach will be used (next time, i.e. 1.3.1).  Should
add a voting entry to STATUS?
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com