httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: [BUG] 1.3.0: Makefile problem in src/modules/example
Date Mon, 08 Jun 1998 17:28:32 GMT

In article <19980608160157.53562@deejai.mch.sni.de> you wrote:

> When using Ralf's binbuild.sh script, I get the following error in
> the sec/modules/example/ subdirectory:
>     make: Fatal error: line 58: Syntax error.
> That is because of the fact that in this line there's an empty target
>     $(LIB): $(OBJS)
> where
>     OBJS=
>     LIB=

> Why is the example directory visited in the first place?
> BTW: GNU make doesn't seem to bother, but SVR4 make does.

This is, of course, not related to binbuild.sh. Its reproduceable
with

 $ ./configure --enable-module=example --enable-shared=example

The problem is that we never thought about the situation where _all_ modules
in a subdir are built as DSO. In modules/standard there is _always_ at least
one static one: mod_so itself. And modules/proxy/ has its own Makefiles.
Hmmm... seems like we have to fix src/Configure for this special situation.
I'm still don't know how, perhaps via a $(DUMMY) in front of $(LIB)?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com