httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-devsite
Date Sun, 07 Jun 1998 02:02:23 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > >   -cp $conf $dir/src/Configuration || exit 1
> >
> > Erm... removing that breaks the way this is supposed to work, because
> > binary releases haven't been the default Configuration lately and, unless
> > they are built using shared modules (and I'm not sure we really have the
> > support in way of docs, etc. required for that) binary distributions
> > should be more than the default modules.
> >
> The current how-to-release specifies that src/Configuration is
> provided exactly from src/Configuration.tmpl. I thought that all
> binaries should use that?

If we _do_ have seperate Configurations for each platform, we should
include these somewhere on the site instead of "hidden" in the binary
releases. What happens if someone "takes over" from building a
release from someone else and uses a different Configuration?
Also, it might (maybe?) cause confusion if someone downloads the
tarball, goes into ./src, types './Configure' and 'make' and
winds up with a binary that's different from what's in the binary
tarball... But maybe not.

   Jim Jagielski   |||   |||