httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: expansion of tarball in dist/ directory
Date Sat, 06 Jun 1998 15:13:43 GMT

In article <Pine.BSF.3.95q.980606010950.24477w-100000@valis.worldgate.com> you wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>> It was because we were not able to display all files through cvsweb (no HEAD
>> support) and we wanted to link to README's etc. Feel free to remove this stuff

> I don't understand.  How does unarchiving a static file onto a filesystem
> give you HEAD support that cvsweb doesn't?
> Sure, the URLs aren't the nicest, but..

Martin said we cannot use cvsweb URLs which produce the HEAD version of a
README and as you said the URLs were really long and ugly to write down with a
particular revision in them. So, we extracted the stuff and the URLs were a
lot shorter and the correct version we wanted without fiddling with revisions
or tags.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com