httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: ["Trevor Johnson" <t_johnson@bestprac.com>] Non existent
Date Fri, 05 Jun 1998 10:27:55 GMT

In article <3.0.3.32.19980605005404.00a2c340@hyperreal.org> you wrote:

> Weird.  I have mod_rewrite compiled in and I'm using the directives:

>   RewriteEngine on
>   RewriteRule ^/docs/mod_(.*)$ /docs/mod/mod_$1 [R]

> In the vhost container for www.apache.org.  This should work - Ralf, any
> ideas?  I know this used to work...

Yes, it worked fine in the past, I know. I've looked into taz' apache.conf
and it looks correct. But, yes, when I try for instance the URL

http://www.apache.org/docs/mod_rewrite.html

I get the error document and the weblog shows no rewritten URL.  Hmmm... seems
like mod_rewrite is either not triggered or was not able to match the URL. But
the only chance to find this out is to enable the rewritelog and look what the
URL rewriting engine is doing.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com