httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: ./configure install on MIPS
Date Fri, 05 Jun 1998 06:41:39 GMT

In article <199806041828.OAA25549@siam.gensym> you wrote:

> If I change all the -x to -f so that problem with the MIPS test
> not supporting -x is avoided then ./configure works on the
> MIPS, and the make proceeds fine, but then the install fails.

This will be fixed by me today.

>   > uname -a
>   ULTRIX th 4.1 0 RISC
>   > pwd
>   /tmp_mnt/home/gw/tmp/aa/bt/mips/apache_1.3.0
>   > make -n install
>   if [ ! -f ./src/.apaci.build.ok ]; then      make -f Makefile  root= build;  fi
>   *** Error code 1
>
>   Stop.
>   > sh -c 'if [ ! -f ./src/.apaci.build.ok ]; then      make -f Makefile  root= build;
 fi'
>   > echo $status
>   1
>
> An else clause (e.g.
>  if [ ! -f ./src/.apaci.build.ok ]; then make -f Makefile  root= build; else echo foo;
fi)
> works around this one.

Yeah, seems this is the general problem with braindead shells.
Does is mean you really get a return code of 1 when you
execute

 sh -c 'if [ 0 = 1 ]; then fuck; fi'

? If yes, we have to make add "else :" statements to all if-statements in our
Makefiles. I always get return code 0 for the above under FreeBSD and Linux
/bin/sh and GNU bash....
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com