httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject 1.3.1-dev and next feature cycle?
Date Thu, 04 Jun 1998 13:38:20 GMT

Now that we have 1.3.0 (and can push it out tomorrow) and the current version
reads 1.3.1-dev I remember me that we declared 1.3.1-dev as the next feature
cycle. Hmmm... although a lot of stuff is available (at least 5 patches from
me and more by others) I'm not sure if 1.3.1-dev is really the next feature
cycle. What do you think, should we feel free to integrate new stuff with the
regular bugfixes into 1.3.1 or is 1.3.1 already standing in front of our
release door and we should only concentrate on making 1.3.1 the major stable
version?

When we expect 1.3.1 in one or two weeks we should keep the features under the
box and keep the feature freeze state and start with them in 1.3.2-dev. If we
think 1.3.0 is really great and 1.3.1 needs at least four or more weeks I vote
for accepting little feature additions now.

Actually I vote for the following: Push out 1.3.0 now and 1.3.1 one or two
weeks after it with just bugfixes. Then concentrate on making the 1.3.x branch
not unstable again while pushing in useful new features and enhancements.

Opinions?
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com