httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.1-dev and next feature cycle?
Date Thu, 04 Jun 1998 14:48:18 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> When we expect 1.3.1 in one or two weeks we should keep the features under the
> box and keep the feature freeze state and start with them in 1.3.2-dev. If we
> think 1.3.0 is really great and 1.3.1 needs at least four or more weeks I vote
> for accepting little feature additions now.
>
> Actually I vote for the following: Push out 1.3.0 now and 1.3.1 one or two
> weeks after it with just bugfixes. Then concentrate on making the 1.3.x branch
> not unstable again while pushing in useful new features and enhancements.

I would expect that a good compromise would be a feature freeze
but with some lattitude that if there is a VERY VERY nice feature
that someone would like added, that it's presented and voted
upon. This would prevent a "free-for-all" yet still allow worthwhile
additions to the code (in addition to bugfixes of course)