httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierpaolo Fumagalli" <ian...@iname.com>
Subject Re: Win32 Shared Memory
Date Tue, 30 Jun 1998 09:16:48 GMT
From: Pierpaolo Fumagalli <ianosh@iname.com>
>[...]
>Currently developing mod_jserv what I find really difficult is to face the
>two different environments we have under Unix (I mean - my Linux box) and
>Windows: shared memory. In Linux I have an interprocess shared memory
>segment where all my data resides and that is kept for all processes, while
>under Win32 I find a protected memory for each process (while threads in
the
>same process have all the same memory).
>[...]

Now you can tell me "Pier, you're stupid"...
When I wrote that E-Mail I just looked briefly and saw that
setup_shared_mem(pool *p) was called with pconf pool pointer and that inside
that there was a "shmget" call...
What I did not noticed was that shmget was used on the scoreboard...
I'm sorry for it...
    Pier