httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Kristian K. Nielsen" <apa...@ctav.com>
Subject Re: Two small.... + Faq # 17
Date Wed, 10 Jun 1998 07:23:11 GMT
Sorry never saw the PR#2366, also I did the patch last weekend and at that
point there wasn't any patches ;-)

Anyway...I've read your answer to FAQ question #17 ("How can I have my
script output parsed?........This is a feature The Apache Group gopes to add
in the next major release"):

Sorry, I'm new to this list and I was just wondering what the current state
on this manner is.
If nobody has started the preparation yet, I would like to help.

If not, which method does The Apache Group have in mind (first about
handling)?:
1. The server should rehandle all output from the script based on the
Content-Type, e.x. the script returns the old "text/x-server-parsed-html",
in the configuration file there should be two new Options, say:
    ScriptType text/html text/x-server-parsed-html
    ScriptHandler server-parsed text/x-server-parsed-html
2. Same as above but handled inside the script using either a speciel unique
Status-code or a new script header, e.x. Content-Handle.

How to implement it into the source
1. Both of above methods could be made rather easily (and messy) by
buffering the entire output from the script in either a large memory block
or a temporary file, simply by rewriting parts of mod_cgi and parts of the
main-sourcecode.
2. A more throught method would be to rewrite the buffering system, so input
can be handled directly from mod_cgi to modules like mod_include.

Yes, I don't know much about what I'm taking about at this point, but I
will - doing next week I hope :-)

Kristian