httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <>
Subject [PHP-DEV] Interesting thread problem in windows... (fwd)
Date Sun, 31 May 1998 02:01:46 GMT
Sorry for the forward, but I thought this might be a problem that someone
involved in the Win32 Apache port has run across.  Any ideas?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 19:45:29 -0400
From: Shane Caraveo <>
Subject: [PHP-DEV] Interesting thread problem in windows...

Hello everyone,
I've hit on an interesting problem.  I was wondering if there are any other
windows programmers out there who might have an idea.  I'm working on the
isapi module, and have a dllmain function which handles process and thread
attach and detach.  For some reason not *all*, but *some* threads run the
thread attach section.  The ones that do not then fail because the dll has
not been initialized the way it should be.  As I understand it, all threads
that attach to a dll, except the first to attach, are supposed to run
dllmain with reason for call being DLL_THREAD_ATTACH.

View raw message