httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Magnus S <soder...@Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE>
Subject Re: mod_javascript for Apache
Date Wed, 20 May 1998 20:01:50 GMT

Yes, it would speed up development a lot if one could use code from
PHP. I don't know if it's easy to combine the parsers, though.

They are very different (from a quick look at the code).
PHP is written in lex/yacc and the JavaScript parser seems to be
handcoded(?). The javaScript code is very generally written,
since it runs on many different machines. there are several layers above
the usual UNIX-system calls, like fopen(). But porting the PHP-code should
be fairly strightforward i think.

To compile the code you need the mozilla source:
  www.mozilla.org
Use the code in
  mozilla/js/ref
That is the javascript reference implementation, and the code
uses no graphical elements and such.

I am working on a file-object for the moment. (f=new File("x");)

/Magnus