httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: Rasmus' core dump
Date Fri, 22 May 1998 15:49:48 GMT
> > #0  0x75c50 in ap_bgetopt (fb=0x2020346b, optname=1, optval=0x169e60) at buff.c:407
> 				^^^^^^^^^^
> 				ASCII: "  4k"

Ah, nice catch.  The 0x20's should have tipped this off for me.

> Hmmm. Is that the current source? There was a bug in the ap_vformatter
> stuff (ap/ap_snprintf.c) until 98/05/11 10:49:21. It would essentially
> lead to a memory overwrite like the one you observe here. I was lucky
> to find a constellation where *every* request dumped core, so I could
> nail down enough clues.
> My guess is that the connection structure contains valid values initially,
> but the ->client pointer is overwritten later on.

I was last able to do a cvs update on May 20th.  Right now there is
something broken on the cvs server at Apache.org.  I have been trying to
find a request that will consistently crash the server, but it isn't
happening.  Not sure what sort of magic mumbo I need here to get it to do
it.

-Rasmus