httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cronolog log rotation program and quick reference card
Date Thu, 28 May 1998 17:14:52 GMT

On 28 May 1998, Andrew Ford wrote:

> I have also been meaning since 1996 to rewrite cronolog as
> mod_cronolog -- merging the code with mod_log_config.c, since a number
> sites using cronolog complain about the number of cronolog processes.
> I have not yet got round to it, but it is the logical thing to do.

"logical" depends on your point of view ;)  I don't think it's logical...
I think mod_log_config should be as simple as possible.  External programs
can do whatever complexity the local site requires.

You could decrease the number of processes by reading a virtualhost name
from the beginning of each line and use that to decide what file to log
in...

Dean