httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: apache-nspr-07
Date Tue, 26 May 1998 10:51:46 GMT
On Tue, 26 May 1998, Mark J Cox wrote:

> Then make sure the libnspr21.so library is on the load path:
>
> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /work/mark/ns/dist/Linux2.0.29_x86_DBG.OBJ/lib

You don't need this if you use something like this:

EXTRA_LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,-Map -Wl,httpd.map -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/dgaudet/nsprlink/lib -static
EXTRA_LIBS=-L/home/dgaudet/nsprlink/lib -lnspr21 -ldl

The -rpath embeds the path so you don't need LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I've got a symlink at /home/dgaudet/nsprlink which points to the version
of nspr I'm using...  makes it easier to switch between debugging and
optimized versions (or the pthreads version).

I suppose at some point a readme would be in order.

Dean

P.S. Mark you sent me that status patch before didn't you?  I guess I
forgot it sorry, probably buried in my inbox... I had 10k messages to
deal with when I got back.