httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: SOMAXCONN and FreeBSD
Date Sun, 24 May 1998 23:26:25 GMT
You know, linux supports only a max of 128 without tweaking the kernel
sources (they use an unsigned char, but do some arithmetic on it which
could overflow if greater than 128, and ANSI doesn't guarantee the
promotion to int that gcc does).  Very few people change this on linux...
I doubt it's actually even necessary these days.  5 is way to small, but
128 seems to be sufficient (even on fast lans with many clients).  i.e. I
don't think it's a biggie.

Dean