httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Hmmm.... spawning child in mod_rewrite.c
Date Wed, 20 May 1998 16:40:55 GMT
ap_call_exec() is a broken hack...  it has two functions really, one
is to build arguments and do suexec crap, and the other is to actually
call exec, given an argv and envp.  You only want the second function,
and it doesn't require a request_rec.

Of course the entire spawning API is completely broken in 1.3, and it's
increasingly obvious that we shouldn't try wedging more win32 kludges
into it... and should consider something more clean (like the api used
in NSPR for creating processes).

Dean