httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: 1.3b7? (again)
Date Wed, 20 May 1998 04:33:14 GMT

On Tue, 19 May 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> >
> > Due to Ben's implementation of Bill's CGI fix, the current code base is in
> > no position to be released.
>
> Not sure I appreciate the tone of this; the implementation of the fix is
> NOT the problem. No matter how it is implemented, if you don't switch to
> BUFF you are screwed.

Too bad we had to start this in 1.3.  It's stuff I did everywhere for
apache-nspr already... I can merge back some of the changes if there's
interest.  But it's probably easier to just do it the same way I did --
remove all the FILE * interfaces from .h files, build everything and start
hitting things where the compiler gives warnings.  I think the only
function I had to add was ap_bungetc() -- we already have enough in BUFF
to replace FILE.

Dean