httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Adding the OS type
Date Tue, 05 May 1998 18:08:17 GMT
On Tue, 5 May 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> +API_EXPORT(void) ap_add_version_component(const char *component)
> +{
> +    if (! version_locked) {
> +        /*
> +         * If the version string is null, register our cleanup to reset the
> +         * pointer on pool destruction.
> +         */
> +        if (server_version == NULL) {
> +           ap_register_cleanup(pconf, NULL, (void (*)(void *))reset_version,
> +                               NULL);
> +       }
> +       /* Prepend the given component identifier to the string */
> +       server_version = ap_pstrcat(pconf, component, " ", server_version,
> +                                   NULL);
> +    }
> +}
> +
> +/*
> + * This routine adds the real server base identity to the version string,
> + * and then locks out changes until the next reconfig.
> + */
> +static void ap_set_version()
> +{
> +    ap_add_version_component(SERVER_BASEVERSION);
> +    version_locked++;
> +}
> +

So !version_locked is false until the next reset after ap_set_version(),
and ap_add_version_component does nothing.  ?  Or is it just too early in
the morning (er, afternoon) for me?

I'm curious.  Why don't you just start from my patch and remove the pieces
which removed SERVER_SUBVERSION?  The rest of my patch was completely
tested.

Dean