httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <m...@awe.com>
Subject Re: apache-nspr-07
Date Tue, 26 May 1998 10:56:21 GMT
> I'm obviously being thick-headed here, but what must one do to get
> apache-nspr to compile?  I'm running Linux (RH50), and have an up to
> date checkout of the mozilla CVS tree.

You need to get nspr to compile first.  I had one I prepared earlier for
Mozilla Crypto Group stuff.  I just started it compiling following the
instructions in "unxbuild.txt" (gmake -k nsrpub should to it, I did a full
gmake -k which stopped about halfway through when it ran out of disk
space)

My netscape source tree lives in /work/mark/ns so my final path to the
libraries was /work/mark/ns/dist/Linux2.0.29_x86_DBG.OBJ/lib

Then to get apache-nspr to compile edit src/Configuration to say something
like this:

EXTRA_CFLAGS=-DNSPR -DDEBUG
EXTRA_LDFLAGS=
EXTRA_LIBS=-L/work/mark/ns/dist/Linux2.0.29_x86_DBG.OBJ/lib  -lnspr21
EXTRA_INCLUDES=-I/work/mark/ns/dist/Linux2.0.29_x86_DBG.OBJ/include

Then make sure the libnspr21.so library is on the load path:

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /work/mark/ns/dist/Linux2.0.29_x86_DBG.OBJ/lib

Then ./Configure, make and run as normal. I've only compiled apache-nspr
for Linux ELF and Linux glibc so far.

Mark