httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory A Lundberg <lundb...@vr.net>
Subject Re: assert evilness
Date Sun, 10 May 1998 04:54:30 GMT
On Sat, 9 May 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> What if we made ap_assert a little smarter than?  Can you think of anything
> fatal if ap_assert terminated the current request, logged an error, and
> killed the child/thread it was in, and let everything else move on?

Nah.  An assert failure should pull the chain on everything.  It should
mean you, the programmer who has just made a change, has done something
really really dumb and should fix the source code before anything else.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              lundberg@vr.net
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195