httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Luce <d...@aaronsen.com>
Subject translate_name() -- for includes?
Date Tue, 05 May 1998 22:06:20 GMT
I wrote a tiny module to translate names in a "shadow http" system (where
if a file doesn't exist in the primary root, it's "shadowed" from another
root).  It hooks into translate_name(), and does a fine job of making sure
files are served correctly.

However, when it comes to (server-side) includes the files might have,
there doesn't seem to be a built-in way to munge the include name
to the shadow directory (if necessary).

I'm not so new to hacking code, but I've only recently done
anything at all with Apache modification.  Is there:

1) A recommended way of building in a new module hook?
and/or
2) A standard way of getting code modifications submitted to a master
   source?

Thanks,

Doug