httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Adding the OS type
Date Tue, 05 May 1998 05:36:55 GMT
On Mon, 4 May 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

[...]
> > Letting modules change it, sure although that can lead to the "every
> > module in the server name" situation.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > Letting someone change a define, fine.
>
> And how do you make shared modules work?

That is the proposed API function implicitly refered to in the "let
modules change it".  Should be "add to it" instead of "change it".

Talking about setting a define is just because I support including the
backwards compat method.

What I'm not thrilled with is suggestions of having a config file
directive to let people add things to it.  Yes, there are advantages to it
but I'm just not sure it is worth it.