httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject protocol/2181: MSIE 4.01 NT (sp3) cannot talk to 1.2.6. (fwd)
Date Mon, 04 May 1998 21:03:15 GMT
Erm... can anyone reproduce?

I am tempted to say "yea, so IE is broken what else is new..." mainly
because that is the truth.  But I don't see why this should be causing any
problems.  Probably something the user did.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 4 May 1998 20:59:25 -0000
From: Robert <>
Subject: protocol/2181: MSIE 4.01 NT (sp3) cannot talk to 1.2.6.

>Number:         2181
>Category:       protocol
>Synopsis:       MSIE 4.01 NT (sp3) cannot talk to 1.2.6.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon May  4 14:00:02 PDT 1998
>Release:        1.2.6
Do not know, reporting as a client having trouble reaching sites.

Suddenly, sites that used to work are no longer working, reporting "an error occurred in the
Windows Internet extensions". (MSIE 4.01 on NT sp3; I have some power toys installed, do not
know about someone else who has reported the problem.)

I notice that all these sites are now running 1.2.6: