httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: bug database: difference between "analyzed" and "feedback"
Date Thu, 21 May 1998 10:32:20 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> I was basing my notion on the fact that the gnats bug database interface
> defines 5 stages, in this order:
>
> open  -->  analysed --> suspended --> feedback --> closed

I rather agree with Jim and Marc.  The way I've been using it maps to

Suspended: Marked for future consideration, nothing going to be done
	right now.
Analysed: We know (or think we do) what the problem is, and can either
	reproduce it or know how to at need.  We don't necessarily
	know what the fix is, or if we do we haven't implemented it
	yet.  In short, the problem is understood but just not fixed yet.
Feedback: The submitter has been asked a question, and we haven't
	gotten an answer yet.
Closed:	Non-problem or fixed.
Open:	Everything else, including no-one having touched it, answer
	to query received but not yet acted upon, and 'no clew.'

I rather wish there were an 'in analysis' stage to fit between
Feedback and Analysed.  Not the first time I've missed it, either.

My take..

#ken	P-)}