httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: mod_include broken?
Date Tue, 19 May 1998 18:44:31 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> I just tried to compile the latest HEAD, and received some problems against
> ap_call_exec.  Most notably, mod_include.c:789 calls it w/o the new
> child_info *pinfo argument.  The only other caller of this function seems
> to be mod_cgi, which gets the child_info stuff from ap_spawn_child_err_buff.
> I'm not in a position to research this further at the moment (maybe to-night),
> but I suspect this is a result of the recent Win32 CGI fixes.
>
> mod_include needs to get some child_info stuff to pass to ap_call_exec,
> but I don't know from where.

Basically, you MUST call ap_spawn_child_err_buff - since children MUST
use Win32 native handles rather than FILE *s or file descriptors. If you
do that, then you get handed a child_info *. However, a short term fix
is to simply pass NULL for the child_info, which is unused on Unix, and
fail to work on Windows.

The requirement to use ap_spawn_child_err_buff is not a consequence of
the particular approach I took, it is a consequence of the buggy MS
libraries, so no amount of rearranging the way the patch works will fix
it.

Cheers,

Ben.