httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Apology
Date Mon, 18 May 1998 19:47:57 GMT
OK, I screwed up. I hadn't realised what an impact that change made. I
am now fixing it for Unix, and I agree it isn't obvious what needs doing
(well, it is to me, but I can see the problem).

It is regrettable that the interface to the child-spawner needs to
change, but the kludge of adding stuff to the request_rec was just not
acceptable (to me, at least - I'm willing to be overruled, though - but
not without some argument!). I can't see any other way around it that
isn't a kludge. Note that to make this fix truly correct we must
eliminated the non-BUFF methods of spawning children (I imagine this is
also needed for NSPR - Dean?).

Sorry to all I snapped at.

Cheers,

Ben.