httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Compile failure
Date Sun, 17 May 1998 17:18:30 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> So, we have a supposed release coming up and major changes are being made
> to the code, it won't compile on most platforms, and the API is changing
> without a MMN bump while at the same time introducing more
> platform-dependencies that a module needs to know about.
>
> I took a brief look at fixing the compile on non-Win32 platforms, but it
> requires knowledge of what the goal of some of the changes is and what the
> idea behind them is to do it right, and I sure don't have that.

Jeez. Why do you have to make such a meal of this? If you want something
explained, just ask. Like I say, I've already stated both the short-term
and long-term fixes. The short-term fix (which should work find on Unix)
is just one extra parameter, which is NULL. Why not just apply it and
test it instead of going on about it?

BTW, you are right about the MMN, my mistake. But the whole point of the
way I did it was to _avoid_ platform dependencies, so I'd be grateful if
you'd point out what dependencies I've introduced?

Cheers,

Ben.