httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: ap_add_version_component and ap_set_version
Date Sat, 09 May 1998 03:24:49 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> So let me see if I have the tiemtable right:
>
>    1. ap_set_version is called
>    2. at this point, ap_add_version_component will not work
>    3. the server config process is done and reset_version is called
>    4. at this point version_locked is reset but server_version
>       is NULLed out :/

Everything is correct except [3] (according to Dean) - the pconf
pool stays around until the *next* config.  So this stays alive until
it gets wiped in preparation for a restart.

> is that server_version = NULL right?

Yup.  How not?  The pool has been wiped by the time the cleanup
is called (approximately), so NULLing it isn't losing anything.

#ken	P-)}