httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_main.c
Date Sat, 09 May 1998 03:17:32 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Doesn't this make the results something like:
>
>    (1)  SERVER_SUBVERSION SERVER_BASEVERSION (PLATFORM) ??

No, each call to ap_add...() *prepends* the string, which is why the
call to add the BASEVERSION is last.  ap_set_version() is the last
call that gets a crack at changing the field, and it adds the base
version - at the front.

>    (3)  SERVER_BASEVERSION (PLATFORM) SERVER_SUBVERSION

This is what we want (IMHO) and what I changed it to do.

> If (2) then that's what we "already" do, and if (3) then the
> ap_add_version_component(SERVER_SUBVERSION) should be right before
> the version_locked++;

No, because of the prepending rather than appending.

#ken	P-)}