httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: mod_cgi busted in 1.3b7-dev
Date Fri, 08 May 1998 03:11:28 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Cute.
>
> The cleanup that sets server_version == NULL is broken because we need to
> get the server version in the CGI child with add_common_vars that happens
> _after_ the cleanup.

Hmm.  Given that (according to Dean) the definition of the pconf pool
is:

:pconf
:  o subpool of permanent_pool
:  o created at the beginning of a config "cycle"; exists until the
:    server is terminated or restarts; passed to all config-time
:    routines, either via cmd->pool, or as the "pool *p" argument
:    on those which don't take pools
:  o passed to the module init() functions

why would the cleanup even be getting triggered?  The only places I
see the pool getting cleared or destroyed is in the main loop.

Well.  My first serious dealings with cleanups a fiery trial.

#ken	P-)}