httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: bug database: difference between "analyzed" and "feedback"
Date Thu, 21 May 1998 03:21:08 GMT
At 10:39 PM 5/20/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>>

>> Just to check people's gut reaction, the semantic distinction I'm making is
>> that "analysed" means we have started the correspondance, perhaps have
>> proposed some quick fixes, and then finally have a firm idea of the causes.
>>  "Feedback" means we have a proposed fix sent to the bug reporter, and if
>> it fixes their problem we move to closed.  Does that make sense?
>>

>I've always considered Feedback as "we need some more info about
>the bug before we can proceed any further" and Analysed meaning
>"we understand the problem and know where in the code the problem
>is"

I was basing my notion on the fact that the gnats bug database interface
defines 5 stages, in this order:

open  -->  analysed --> suspended --> feedback --> closed

which matches the process of

bug submitted
it gets reviewed
patch worked up
patch sent back to bug reporter, see if it fixes their problem
problem solved.

	Brian

pure chewing satisfaction                                  brian@apache.org
                                                        brian@hyperreal.org