httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: translate_name() -- for includes?
Date Tue, 05 May 1998 22:24:48 GMT
At 06:06 PM 5/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm not so new to hacking code, but I've only recently done
>anything at all with Apache modification.  Is there:
>
>1) A recommended way of building in a new module hook?
>and/or
>2) A standard way of getting code modifications submitted to a master
>   source?

I think you mean either a new API stage, or modifying a core function to do
something else - the recommended way is to talk about here first, get some
feedback, and then create a patch.  If we think it's worth adding to the
core of Apache, then we'll integrate it; if we think it's nice but adds
some features we're not sure we'd want to support, we'd put it in the
contrib/ directory on the web site.

Right now we're close to releasing 1.3 final, (we hope :) and so there is a
lot of pressure to not accept new features, only fix bugs we know about.
After 1.3.0 goes out we can probably handle new small features for 1.3.x
releases, but most of the interesting development work will probably be in
2.0.

	Brian

pure chewing satisfaction                                  brian@apache.org
                                                        brian@hyperreal.org