httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject FWD: Self documentation for Apache C modules
Date Tue, 05 May 1998 05:47:02 GMT

Since there's talk about documenting the API now, and using semi-automated
means of doing this, I thought I would forward a message from just over a
month ago from Doug on a Perl module he's built to facilitate doc
generation from code.  I think at the very least someone needs to go
through and make sure our hand-written docs are in sync with the docs his
code generates, lest we forgot anything... but secondly, the API-docs
people might want to think about this approach a bit.  There's lots of
verbage that can't be automated, sure.  But something like this, or the
Linux source-code browser, would probably accomplish much of what's being
attempted.

	Brian

specialization is for insects				  brian@organic.com