httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject New Apache RPM
Date Sun, 31 May 1998 04:59:36 GMT
Now with real APACI in every bowl.

I've put a tarfile at:

ftp://ftp.mindspring.com/users/manojk/apache-1.3b8_dev-0.tar.gz

of the contents of what will eventually be my Red Hat RPM for Apache
1.3.0.

It's been rewritten to use APACI. This makes the necessary patches
much smaller and makes APXS work without effort (apparently, anyway.
The first 3rd-party module I tried failed miserably, but I think that
was my fault. APXS seems to set up right).

It also now has a lot more modules loaded dynamically.

I've been running a slightly older version of this RPM at work for
weeks now, but with negligable load. Soon to be tested on Red Hat 5.1.
<g>

Please check this out and comment.

"Other people have dreams and I just laugh at them."
  -- Linus Torvalds, Linux Expo '98