httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <>
Subject Re: Perl GET & HEAD app performance?
Date Fri, 29 May 1998 17:26:48 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com> wrote:

> A while ago I upgraded whatever CPAN Perl package it is that includes
> the GET and HEAD applications.  Ever since, the response time when
> using them has been atrocious, on the order of several seconds
> minimum, even to something like "HEAD" (which
> took 24 seconds!).
> Has anyone else seen this, or have any idea what I need to tweak to
> get rid of whatever's causing the delay?  I really don't have the
> time right now to dig into exactly what's going on; I'm hoping it's
> a FAQ.

The LWP::Debug might reveal some clues, run like so:

 perl -MLWP::Debug=+ `which HEAD`

You'll see all sort of trace messages, where is it before the hang?
Do you have the HTTP_PROXY enviroment variable set?  It might be
trying to proxy to a server which is dead or just dead slow.  GET and
HEAD work just fine for me with libwww-perl-5.33

View raw message