httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3b8
Date Fri, 29 May 1998 01:24:13 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 1998, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > I'm sure that one possible response would be "they have access to
> > the code; they can change it. Thus, we allow it to be a "configurable"
> > option. :/
>
> I don't buy that.  If you say that, then the following code:
>
> int main () {
> 	exit(666);
> }
>
> is unconditionally compliant.

Not at all since the above does not meet the other requirements of the
spec. The spec says it should be a configurable option, which, IMO,
means one that can be changed. Doesn't say run-time or compile-time.
Since they have access to the code, they can comment out the bits
that build Server:

I'm NOT saying that this is how _I_ would interpret it. I would
prefer ServerToken None. I'm just saying that I'm sure some people
would response as above and have a defendable position.